Herdman & Sakellarides
Attorneys at Law

Unfiled Returns

IRS Problems


Failing to file tax returns can create serious problems.  Although you may not yet have been contacted by the Internal Revenue Service, delinquent taxes will catch up to you sooner or later.  If you fail to file your tax returns, the IRS will file a “substitute return” for you.  When filing a substitute return, the IRS will omit the deductions to which you may be entitled, resulting in a significant tax liability for you to deal with.

In more egregious cases, the IRS may seek to impose a criminal offense for failure to file past due tax returns.

We can help you get current with your tax return filings and then analyze your situation to determine the best course of action for payment and minimize the chance of any criminal investigation.